Buck Gardner's Kids in the Woods

Monday, July 02, 2007

First Annual Feather Creek Farms Youth Waterfowl Clinic















Gentlemen,
Here are the pics from the youth clinic I held at the lodge on June 9th! Total we had twenty two kids show up along with a parent or two! Each child received "The System", BGC hats, patches, stickers and product line pamphlets along with each adult also. I had Delta Waterfowl, Avery, Quail Unlimited and a number of other local waterfowl groups on hand. Al Pierce with Avery and of course BGC calls was on hand to conduct the calling clinic with myself. The 2007 state duck calling champ was on scene along with some locals that are involved with the waterfowl festivals in this area. I felt the turnout was great and will improve greatly next year. Every child walked away with a call and smile!! Finally, we had a raffle, sort of like banquet style were we just pulled name's, I'm sorry to say I had to part ways with my Buck Brush that I had plans for this upcoming season but it was for a good cause. Delta Waterfowl really came through with a multimedia clinic and bird ID session that was great. Thanks to the local Tar-Pamlico chapter for donating some nice back packs and Alpine binoculars for the raffle as well.
Thanks for all of your support and knowledge, I hope to see you guys soon!!

Francis J Welch
Buck Gardner Field Staff

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home