Buck Gardner's Kids in the Woods

Monday, June 25, 2007

Congratulations to Devlin Hodges!

Dear Buck,
Hey! I went to a duck calling contest-it was a NWTF sanctioned event called the Central Alabama Calling Classic in Wetumpka, Alabama. It was held today on June 23. I was not going to be in it. My family talked me into it. I used one of my calls I got from my goody bag. It was a double nasty 2. I was so happy that I got one of your calls, I have been wanting one of your calls. I have never been in a duck calling contest, but I won the contest for the jr.division.I was the second oldest.I'm 11 and the oldest guy was 16 and he was using a custom competition call, but I think yours did just as good. When they called my name for first place I was shocked.I t was so fun. I won $100 in duck calls and hats. My family was so happy for me. Someone from Buck Gardner Calls came up and congratulated me. He said he had some stuff for me in his truck. He gave me a new promo call with the half reed,its so nice.I'm going to be in the state calling championship in Huntsville, Alabama. If I win there I will get to compete for the world championship in Stuttgart,Arkansas. The big one,that sounds like fun. The guy who gave me the call is Rich Wikes he's a nice guy. I have always loved your shows and calls. I'm going to try to buy an Acrylic Buck Gardner call to use at competition.

Your friend,
Devlin Hodges

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home